Accommodation General info Exhibition Partners Organizers Contact EFP awards & scholarships
1. Eric Hoberg, Curator and Research Zoologist, US Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, MD, USA: Arctic systems in the Quaternary: Ecological collision and faunal mosaics, consequences of a wobbling climate in a warming world
2. Gediminas Valkiūnas, Chief Researcher, Head of the Laboratory of Parasitology, Nature Research Centre, Vilnius, Lithuania: Malaria and related parasites of wildlife: Pathogenicity and mortality caused in avian hosts and blood-sucking insects
3. Annapaola Rizzoli, Director, Fondazione Edmund Mach, San Michele all'Adige, TN, Italy: What next in research on ticks and tick-borne pathogens?
4. Matti Kamppinen, Professor of Comparative Religion, University of Turku, Finland: Parasites, culture and the ethics of mutual benefit
5. Peter Neumann, Professor, Institute of Bee Health, University of Bern, Switzerland: Long live the colony: honey bee defense mechanisms against parasites
6. Simonetta Mattiucci, Assistant Professor, Sapienza - University of Rome, Italy: Anisakid nematodes and anisakidosis: Where are we now?
7. Lena Huldén, Researcher, University of Helsinki, Finland: Is it risky to eat bugs?
8. Dolly Jørgensen, Associate Professor of History of Technology and Environment, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden: Are parasites forever?
Preliminary schedule of symposia:
Please note that the symposia schedules are subject to changes.