Accommodation General info Exhibition Partners Organizers Contact EFP awards & scholarships
The schedule of the symposia and the list of posters can be found on the page "Programme"
Guidelines for oral presentations:
The duration of oral presentations are 15 minutes, including discussion. Some keynote presentations of the symposia will have 30 minutes, these speakers have been informed separately. Kindly check the time and place of your presentation in the daily schedules (page "Programme").
Kindly bring your presentation in PowerPoint (ppt) or PDF format (PC, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, for Mac users PDF format) on a USB stick to the lecture room and download it to the computer, on the lunch or coffee break before your session at the latest. If your presentation is on Thursday morning, you can bring your presentation already on Wednesday between 5 pm and 7 pm. There will be an assistant in the lecture room to help you with downloading.
Please note that using your own computer is not permitted.
Guidelines for poster presentations:
The size of of the poster board is 88 cm (width) x 118 cm (height).
Your poster should be on display during the whole congress. The poster area is located at the lobby of the Main building. Posters should be mounted on Wednesday 20 July between 5 pm and 7 pm or on Thursday morning. The posters should be dismounted after the programme on Sunday. Pins will be provided at the poster area.
Please note that the poster presenter should be by the poster during afternoon coffee breaks. In addition, poster presenters are asked to place a note on their poster board with specific date and time when they will be available for questions/discussion.
Information on abstract acceptance has been sent by email to the presenting authors on Friday, 22 April. In case you have not received the information, please contact immediately the Congress Office (email@example.com).
Late poster abstract submission has also ended on 28 April.
Participants are invited to submit abstracts to the EMOP XII congress within the scope of the following Symposia topics:
1. Biology of ticks and tick-borne pathogens
2. Malaria, leishmaniosis and other vector-transmitted parasitoses
4. Echinococcosis, taeniosis and cysticercosis
5. 5th KE Mott symposium on schistosomes and flukes
6. Clinical medical parasitology
7. Parasites and congenital infections
8. IAFWP symposium on food- and waterborne parasites
9. Veterinary parasitology
10. Parasites of bees and other insects
11. Wildlife parasitology
12. Aquatic parasitology
13. Nordenskiöld symposium on Arctic parasitology
14. Development, differentiation and gene expression of parasitic organisms
15. Molecular and immunological host-parasite interactions
16. Drug resistance
17. Epidemiology of parasite infections
18. GnosisGIS: 2nd European symposium on parasites and geospatial health
19. Public health
20. Parasites in population ecology
21. Host-parasite coevolution
22. Alien species in parasitology
23. Paleoparasitology and historical issues
24. Taxonomy and phylogenetics
25. Parasite conservation
26. Recent advances in parasitology
The abstracts will be presented as oral presentations or as posters. You may mark your preferred mode of presentation on the abstract submission form, but the final decision rests with the Programme Committee.SUBMISSION has been closed.
Abstracts are submitted through Oxford Abstracts abstract submission system, please read carefully the submission instructions you will receive by email after you have signed in to the system for the first time.
Submitting authors will be informed of abstract acceptance by 22 April 2016.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the EMOP XII abstract book (on USB).
Important: The author, marked in the submission system as the presenting author, must register as a participant and pay the participation fee by 20 May 2016, otherwise the abstract will be automatically removed from the programme. Please note that you are asked to write down your abstract submission reference number/s on the congress registration form. To take an advantage of the lower registration fees, please note that the early-bird registration deadline is already 30 April 2016. Please note also that the abstract presenters must pay the full fee (one day fee is not an option for the abstract presenters).
If you have any questions or problems concerning the abstract handling or experience technical problems, please contact the Congress Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The maximum number of words in the abstract body text is 250
2. The abstract must be written in English and proof read
3. Do not include tables, graphs or special symbols in abstracts
4. Do not include references or key words